Monday 13 January 2014

Baozi

In the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

Craving can happen when we are in hungry state like what I am feeling right now. >_<" I will start to have the intention to try this and that..eating this and that. But for now, its only stop at craving state and not yet going further than that. One of my craving these days is steam bun or also known as bao or some called it as pau. 
(Credit to spcnet.tv..will have my own pics when I try them myself soon)

Personally I have never tried to make them before this. After searching, these are the ingredients that I need to have:

1. Active dried yeast
2. White sugar
3. All-purpose flour
4. water
5. Warm water
6. Salt
7. Vegetable oil
8. Baking powder

Luckily, all familiar ingredients...lets get to business...Ingredients checking..As a Muslim, I need to check first the ingredients whether I am allowed to consume or not. It is to ensure that I only consume Halal product. what should we do when we want to purchase these ingredients at the store? 

1. Nowadays it is easier to determine Halal product in the market by looking at the Halal logo. 
2. No Halal logo detected? If there is no choice, try to identify if there is any doubtful ingredients listed.  
3. Don't forget to check on the expiry date! 

Among all ingredients listed in steam bun recipe, yeast is the only critical ingredients which I will certainly look for those who are certified Halal. As for other ingredients, trying my best to get the Halal certified, but can be more lenient as all are from plant or chemical-based ingredients. Time for me to jot down the recipe and go shopping~ Till we meet again...

Wallahualam

No comments:

Post a Comment